Energy Management System
morEnergy Capital Corporation
The Capital Condos at Mississauga’s City Centre are twin towers developed by The Daniels Corporation. Winner of the “Best condo building design” award by the Greater Toronto Home Builders Association the Capital’s North and South Towers are part of a 23-acre master planned development that will feature a sprawling 3-acre community park. The Capital North tower has 31 storeys while the Capital South tower has 30 storeys.
The Capital Condos have received a sophisticated computer based energy management system designed to manage the energy equipment in the building. The EMS controls the operation of the lights in key areas, the fresh air fans for the garage area, the buildings make-up air systems, and the operation of other key system in an effort to optimize their operation and minimize the energy used.
The EMS has a key feature in the war against energy use, data logging. Energy use data is key to the buildings management efforts which provide monthly reports and trend lines.
This project is pending listing in The Gold Standard Registry
Other social and environmental benefits and costs
- Improvement in air quality such as reduction in volatile organic carbon emissions by off-setting coal power production.
- Benefits the City of Mississauga by contributing to a reduction in its carbon footprint.
- Provides less strain on the electricity grid and the need to build more transmission lines.
Project’s ability to foster further greenhouse gas emission reductions
- This project is unusual in that it uses a financial model that requires no upfront capital cost on the part of the host. We hope this project structure can be replicated elsewhere through this example.
Project’s environmental and social cost
- There are no major environmental or social costs associated with this project.