Energy Management System
morEnergy Capital Corp
Featuring New York-inspired Art Deco designs, Rockefeller has elegant rooftop treatments as well as stylish interiors. Rockefeller is an intimate boutique building of just 20-storeys, designed with service in mind. It is the only building in Toronto to not only feature a 24-hour concierge, but to have a Building Ambassador as well – dedicated to assisting residents with such things as carrying heavy packages, facilitating deliveries or helping to hang a new picture. The Rockefeller Club also offers impressive residential amenities including a designer finished party room with gourmet kitchen and bar, inviting indoor pool with whirlpool and sauna and a spacious exercise area with state of the art equipment.
The Rockefeller Condo has received a sophisticated computer based energy management system designed to manage the energy equipment in the building. The EMS controls the operation of the lights in key areas, the fresh air fans for the garage area, the buildings make-up air systems, and the operation of other key system in an effort to optimize their operation and minimize the energy used.
The EMS has a key feature in the war against energy use, data logging. Energy use data is key to the buildings management efforts which provide monthly reports and trend lines.
This project is pending listing in The Gold Standard Registry
Other social and environmental benefits and costs
- Improvement in air quality such as reduction in volatile organic carbon emissions by off-setting coal power production.
- Benefits the City of Toronto by contributing to the reduction of its carbon footprint.
- Provides less strain on the electricity grid and the need to build more transmission lines.
Project’s ability to foster further greenhouse gas emission reductions
- This project is unusual in that it uses a financial model that requires no upfront capital cost on the part of the host. We hope this project structure can be replicated elsewhere through this example.
Project’s environmental and social cost
- There are no major environmental or social costs associated with this project.