Energy Management System
morEnergy Capital Corp
The WAVE Lakeshore West, developed by The Daniels Corporation, is a high-rise First Home Community in south Etobicoke. This new community comprises 178 affordable condominium suites overlooking Garnett Janes Park. The 13-storey building contains a variety of suite designs including studio, one-bedroom, one-bedroom-plus-den, and two-bedroom layouts that range from 400 to 755 square feet.
The Wave Condo have received a sophisticated computer based energy management system designed to manage the energy equipment in the building. The EMS controls the operation of the lights in key areas, the fresh air fans for the garage area, the buildings make-up air systems, and the operation of other key system in an effort to optimize their operation and minimize the energy used.
The EMS has a key feature in the war against energy use, data logging. Energy use data is key to the buildings management efforts which provide monthly reports and trend lines.
This project is pending listing in The Gold Standard Registry
Other social and environmental benefits and costs
- Improvement in air quality such as reduction in volatile organic carbon emissions by off-setting coal power production.
- Benefits the City of Toronto by contributing to the reduction in its carbon footprint.
- Provides less strain on the electricity grid and the need to build more transmission lines.
Project’s ability to foster further greenhouse gas emission reductions
- This project is unusual in that it uses a financial model that requires no upfront capital cost on the part of the host. We hope this project structure can be replicated elsewhere through this example.
Project’s environmental and social cost
- There are no major environmental or social costs associated with this project.