Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Generation
Blue Power Distributed Generation Corp.
Inspired by the great villas of Tuscany this beautiful building has Contemporary neo-classical design. The units have spacious balconies and terraces. Guests will be welcomed in a gorgeous lobby where they will be asked to identify them selves by a 24hr concierge. The building is located in Downtown Mississauga where amenities are always close for everything you need. Shop at Square One, see a movie at Cineplex or eat out at the restaurants located near by.
Developed by Castle Group Ventures this building has the latest CHP unit from Blue Power. This on On-Site combined heat and power unit develops 65kW and provides over 400,000 btus of heat energy in a high-efficiency configuration. The system operates as the buildings primary energy source while the other heating equipment augments the buildings needs during extreme cold days. An online internet based system monitors the equipment remotely and provides performance data and alarms as needed.
The project has resulted in competitive costs for both heat and electricity, compared to the alternatives.
This project is listed in The Gold Standard Registry as VER Project ID GS647
Other social and environmental benefits and costs
- Improvement in air quality such as reduction in volatile organic carbon emissions by off-setting coal power production.
- Benefits the City of Mississauga by significantly reducing its carbon footprint.
- Provides less strain on the electricity grid and the need to build more transmission lines.
Project’s ability to foster further greenhouse gas emission reductions
- This project is unusual in that it uses a financial model that requires no upfront capital cost on the part of the host. We hope this project structure can be replicated elsewhere through this example.
Project’s environmental and social cost
- There are no major environmental or social costs associated with this project.